Sunday, January 8, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas



In the past few weeks everyone was a buzz about Pinterest.  I’m sure we are late to the game, but of course, just as suggested, I am now wasting far too much time on yet another website.  Beautiful ideas for how to organize a kid’s room, or host a gorgeous party, or wear my hair for a wedding… all very useful suggestions posted mostly by friends who don’t live in tiny studio apartments. 

I did come across some practical pins however, like roasted chickpeas for snacking!  This would barely qualify as a recipe, more like an idea.  And, I have to say, having recently decided that microwave popcorn gives me migraines, this makes me extra happy.

The “recipe” comes from here and is listed below.  But my recommendation is to just play around.  Basically cook chickpeas on a parchment lined baking sheet at 450 for about 30 minutes and then dress as you see fit.  I did some spicy (because I heart cayenne pepper) and some sweet as recommended below.  No measuring necessary.  Crunchy and delicious. 

Happy pinning and crunching!


Ingredients:
  • 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon or your spice(s) of choice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions:
Place chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake at 450 F for 30 minutes.  Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and mix thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment