Saturday, January 1, 2011
Macarons are airy, almondy sandwich cookies typically filled with buttercream. For less typical, and exceptionally delicious macarons try Dutch Epicure Bakery in Amherst NH or Lakota Bakery in Arlington MA. Unreal.
Getting them to be the right consistency seemed a bit daunting so I teamed up with some fabulous bakers to tackle these beauties. Martha Stewart over-complicated things a bit, but it turned out these were totally do-able. Doing the buttercream the day before could definitely be a time saver. So, grab some friends, some booze, and get to it.
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoon fresh oregano leaves (or 2 tsp. dried oregano)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper
Add ingredients to food processor and pulse until combined. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste. (We also added some lemon for a little freshness).