Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Felicia's Chocolate White Chip Cookies
• 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
• ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
• 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside. Either by hand or with an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in the chips to taste.
Place cookies on tray by rounded tablespoon (should make about 18 large cookies). Bake until the cookies are light golden grown and the outer edges start to harden yet the centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet.