Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Veggie Burger Salad



Some days I just don't feel like cooking. One of the many benefits of living in the city (yes, THE city) is that I can order any kind of food, at any time. But, that becomes unhealthy and expensive. So here is a quick, Sandra Lee style meal, that does the trick when you don't feel like making anything fancy.

A veggie burger salad may sound gross, but don't yuck my yum. This salad incorporates fruit and cheese my favorite salad ingredients. And some very low-fat protein which is important as well. It's a copy of a salad I've had from the restaurant Penelope http://www.penelopenyc.com/. Now that I'm not in the neighborhood anymore I've taken to making it myself.

Happy Salading!


Ingredients:

  • Lettuce (your favorite type)
  • Red onion
  • Goat cheese
  • Granny smith apple
  • Boca Burger (or your preferred Veggie burger brand)

Directions:

Pre-cook one veggie burger per person and set aside while you prepare the rest of the salad. Slice red onion and apples. Toss onions, apples, goat cheese and sliced burger into salad. Dress with a balsamic or lemon vinaigrette.


1 comment:

  1. I like all the pre-school teacher lingo thrown in here -- "don't yuck my yum"

    ReplyDelete